Saturday, March 16, 2013

Acts of Love

Over the years, I have discovered the people that really care for me and love me are the ones that take the time to be careful with my food allergies. The little things people do to keep me safe, those are the things I remember the most about a person. If they are friends, they know the brands I can and can't eat, and stock their houses with allergy-friendly food for sleepovers. Not to mention they'll avoid bringing in food I'm allergic to for lunch (Check out Random Acts of Allergy-Friendly Kindess). My family members don't mind having allergy-friendly cake, even when its their birthday! They also know how to read labels, double checking everything I read to see if its allergy-friendly. They take the time to make something allergy-friendly, even when its easier not to.

Its these little things, these acts of love, that help me stay strong, knowing that my family and friends support me in what I have to live with. They make having food allergies easier! These simple acts of love help me find my true friends, and help me grow even closer to my family! What are your simple acts of love that make living with food allergies easier? Send me your stories! :)

-Alli

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this uplifting post! My daughter is 4 years old and home with me and we have some great friends who are always looking out for her and thinking of her when they plan their parties, or any other time we'll be together. It's a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by people like that and I do not take it for granted and I'm glad you've taken a moment to recognize the thoughtful people in your life. It gives me a nice reminder of those in mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that you truly find your best friends through food allergies, because the ones that care about keeping your daughter safe are goin to be the ones that stick around! :)
      -Alli

      Delete
    2. Hi i am Lindsey from California. I am allergic to all nuts and a lot of animals.

      Delete
    3. Hi Lindsey! as you probably figured out, I'm Alli! I'm glad you found my blog!<3

      Delete