Sunday, May 19, 2013

Believe

Sometimes when I'm alone, and just think, I imagine my future. What I've noticed is that those times when I'm imagining my future, I'm not just picturing my home, husband, kids and friends, but I see myself cooking for my family. But this dream is tainted with my food allergies. I don't know if in 25 years I'm going to be cooking my whole family allergy-friendly food, or if I will be able to enjoy the food my children and husband want to. I don't know if there is going to be a cure for food allergies, or if I will have to live with them for life.

What I do know is this: Some day, some how, a cure for food allergies will be created. I believe in the doctors, I believe in the researchers, I believe in FARE. Most importantly, I believe in myself, that even if the cure does not come during my life time, I will be able to live a happy and fulfilling life, despite my allergies. I hope you can too.

Best Wishes,

-Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment