Tuesday, January 21, 2014

16 Years of Success

Surrounded by my friends and classmates at 10:38 AM yesterday, January 20th, I celebrated the minute I entered the world 16 years ago. With food allergies, this birthday becomes even more monumental. 

I have:
  • Never used my Epipen
  • Avoided Hospital visits due to reactions
  • Found true friends who I trust to support me
  • Learned the hard way the dangers of food allergies
  • Taught my friends and family the basics of food allergies
  • Been on national television sharing my thoughts 
  • Discovered tasty allergy-friendly recipes
  • Successfuly traveled on field trips 
  • Researched food allergies to further develop my knowledge
  • Proved to myself and others that I have no limits due to my food allergies
  • Realized my ability to help others like me
  • Created this blog to help others achieve an easier lifestyle with food allergies

I am proud of myself and all of the accomplishments I have achieved throughout the 16 years of my life, and I am thankful for everyone who have helped me reach this point of success.

As Jarod Kintz once said, "The year you were born marks only your entry into the world. Other years where you prove your worth, they are the ones worth celebrating." So as I continue my journey through life with food allergies, I will continue to celebrate the accomplishments I have achieved over the past years, and  look forward to the ones yet to come and sharing them with you!

-Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment